Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Your thinking on this matter is well thought out....

Your thinking on this matter is well thought out. One tiny stumble if I may be so bold?

No vehicle oil pump I am aware of is centrifugal. They are all "positive displacement". They pump what they...
  2. Replies
    Views

No one asked but.... I expect a filter...

No one asked but....

I expect a filter to...well.... filter.

GM did a wear study decades ago and getting the crap out of your oil is key. ISO 4548-12 muti-pass test is based on 20 micro...
  3. Servicing With the understanding that the first...

Servicing
    With the understanding that the first ATF change is the most important you must change the fluid and the filter at the first 20000 KM
    or 12000 Miles. This will remove any debris created...
  4. Replies
    Views

How about the eccentric washers from the castor...

How about the eccentric washers from the castor adjustment of a Silverado 1500? Bet it is a bolt in.

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K100026-Cam-Bolt-Kit/dp/B00498WLU6
  5. Replies
    Views

First off Mitsubishi doesn't blend fluids. That...

First off Mitsubishi doesn't blend fluids. That is farmed out to someone 'like' Idemitsu and JATCO sets the fluid spec.

That fluid would be their N3(J4) which is a Petroleum based fluid. Group...
  6. Replies
    Views

My dog is smart enough not to stare at the sun....

My dog is smart enough not to stare at the sun. My neighbor isn't.
  7. Replies
    Views

I've seen a few. I'm old. LOL. 90% where I live....

I've seen a few. I'm old. LOL. 90% where I live. Close enough and free bed and breakfast. ;)
  8. Replies
    Views

I'll likely miss it. It's during my nap time. ;)

I'll likely miss it. It's during my nap time. ;)
  9. Replies
    Views

Yes it is. Lifetime on regular 87 octane is 28...

Yes it is. Lifetime on regular 87 octane is 28 mpg. I did an entire summer at over 30 mpg on regular when using a really slick 5W20.
  10. Replies
    Views

Okay, I can work with that. No need to be sorry....

Okay, I can work with that. No need to be sorry. We don't know what we don't know. Besides, you set the table for a stone killing two birds. Thanks!

A piston isn't a true cylinder. It's fatter in...
  11. Replies
    Views

Scuffing is always worse on one side. The thrust...

Scuffing is always worse on one side. The thrust side. It gets the most load. Part of the Stribeck Curve of lubrication is load. The Hersey Equation. Gas in the oil will most certainly reduce...
  12. Replies
    Views

Good question! The answer has to do with the VII...

Good question! The answer has to do with the VII package and not knowing how well it holds up. There are four different basic types and zero info on which one any one company is using.

OCI is...
  13. Replies
    Views

1.) Much nicer inside! I can see the oil rings...

1.) Much nicer inside! I can see the oil rings were not knackered in this one. I assume it was using less oil? Yes? No?

2.) Can't see in the video but I'm sure you noticed. Was there anywhere in...
  14. Replies
    Views

If I could find a guy who would take better care...

If I could find a guy who would take better care of my equipment than I can, I'd use him. As I find that unlikely. I do my own. Until I can't get off the ground and that may be sooner than I'd hope....
  15. Replies
    Views

That oil was created to solve the slipperiness...

That oil was created to solve the slipperiness issues that cause synchronization problems when a synthetic oil is used in some transmissions. It won't fix a problem you don't have. The Mitsu oil is a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Ran Red Line MTL in my Honda for hundreds of...

Ran Red Line MTL in my Honda for hundreds of thousands of miles without issue. 300K to be exact. First I've heard of any problem.

TRIAX. hum..... more marketing than performance IMHO. Cost of a...
  17. Replies
    Views

I used to make a bet with guys that had Harley or...

I used to make a bet with guys that had Harley or old Brit bike work done in my garage. Let me do a complete fluid service using Red Line and if you can't feel the difference in the bike by the end...
  18. Replies
    Views

26755 That is bore polish. Clacky displayed...

That is bore polish. Clacky displayed this. Not the same as a cylinder score. The link I provided earlier talked about 'ring buffering'.

Think of that as setting a water glass on a plate...
  19. Replies
    Views

@Mark HONESTLY, I was trying to contribute. I...

@Mark

HONESTLY, I was trying to contribute. I did not wish to be one who takes ONLY. My complaint is getting hit in the mouth for the attempt. I abided and moved my "off topic' topic to its own...
  20. Replies
    Views

Said like 300K is something special. Here's a...

Said like 300K is something special. Here's a list it took 2 minutes to find of 22 MILLION Mile motors.

https://carbuzz.com/features/highest-mileage-cars
  21. Replies
    Views

@7milesout, you get partial credit and a trip to...

@7milesout, you get partial credit and a trip to the corner with the pointy hat.

Toast it too long and the bread burns. Now, what is too hard? If you've owned more than one toaster you know they...
  22. What was Yeti's question?

What was Yeti's question?
  23. Replies
    Views

I don't even own a Mirage yet, but I've owned a...

I don't even own a Mirage yet, but I've owned a stringer of GM's. If I'd have bought them a bit further apart there would have not been a second, much less a fourth. The GM 3800, pre-AFM LS and...
  24. Replies
    Views

Clacky II 26715

Clacky II

25. Replies
    Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3