Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Can you say sweeeeeeet?
    Sweeeeeeet!

I've never seen that overhead bunk on a class A before, but looks like a good idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    A buddy of mine once told his wife, "I'm going to the store to get a Bolt."

"OK", she said.

She didn't hear the capital "B", so didn't object.

He told that story a lot after he brought the car home.
    Huh? He went to the store to get an "olt". WTF is an olt?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    A buddy of mine once told his wife, "I'm going to the store to get a Bolt."

"OK", she said.

She didn't hear the capital "B", so didn't object.

He told that story a lot after he brought the car home.
    Huh? He went to the store to get an "olt". WTF is an olt?
    Think lowercase b.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Sweeeeeeet!

I've never seen that overhead bunk on a class A before, but looks like a good idea.
    That setup is looking better all the time. I would use the over the driver space for me when my kid is visiting. She can have the bedroom. I would try my best to snag a rig with the shower separate from the commode OR, and I like this better, just get the model with a smallish commode and a "regular" bathroom with shower. We all know how a 15 year old girl could tie up the bathroom easily for a couple of hours. LOL.

I ran this idea of RV life past my daughter and she's on board. When I explained to her she gets the ensuite with the giant bed and I have no problem if she wants a friend to stay over as well, not to mention I might have my own small room (the bunkhouse converted into a radio shack) which would keep me out of site if her and her friend wanted to whip up stuff in the kitchen or watch the giant TV in the living area.

The more I think of this the more it makes sense. I would have to get rid of so many personal items, which is a great idea, when I go I don't want a 12 room house and garage packed to the rafters left behind. My kid will need money to buy a house and will have no use for any of my "stuff". The best thing I could ever do for her would be leave her with a debt free place to live.

Suppose I buy an RV for $100K and she sells it quickly for $50k. Good for her, more money she can invest and if she has a house/condo in an area she likes then she can maybe be mellow, work at something she loves, and not be all stressed out like so many young people on the mortgage mill. Kids born after 2000 run a pretty good chance of living until the year 2100. Think on that.

Imagine how much the world has changed in the last 25 years, never mind 75!

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)