Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jalopnik Article on Mirage discontinued in 2025

Other major outlets reporting on this:

(Most are just rehashing the same Automotive News article...)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...i-mirage-dead/

https://www.thedrive.com/news/mitsub...-the-us-report

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/mis...ally-dead.html

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-...cheapest-cars/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (08-17-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Admin note: I combined the two threads on this topic into this one.

With all automakers abandoning true (ie. cheap) new entry level cars in North America, that opens the door to the Chinese. I've read that sentiment multiple times in the past year or so.

It has happened in Europe/Australia/NZ.

I've never bought a new car, and probably won't. I'll be in the market for a low-kms, 2024 5MT Mirage... in about 6-8 years.

After that? Who knows.
    I don't want to pop your dream car bubble, but there's a thread on the forum stating the manual is being dropped in Canada in 2024.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Yah, not a bad plan. If you have a manual transmission, buying a clutch kit sooner rather than later would be a good idea too. Because in 2030 or so who's going to be making clutches for these? I need to get a clutch kit for my manual transmission OS now even though I don't have any issues. It's already been 4 model years since the 5 speed was available and they only sold in extremely low numbers when they were available.
    FYI - I drove a 1990 Ford Festiva for 14 years. It's been 30 years since a new 1988-93 Ford Festiva has been sold in the States. I just looked for kicks, and finding/getting a clutch kit for Ford Festiva is still super easy today.

I have zero concerns about aftermarket parts for my Mirage. I wouldn't stockpile an item like that.

I don’t like hoarding too many parts cause I either can’t find anything when I do need it, vehicle will probably be written off before I need it, or after years of hanging on to something you find out it doesn’t even fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't want to pop your dream car bubble, but there's a thread on the forum stating the manual is being dropped in Canada in 2024.

Pour one out!

Still, I'm impressed the 5MT availability and the Mirage in general lasted as long as it did - last man standing!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,480 Posts
    I have to ask a dumb question... Why are Mirage sales down?

Is it because nobody is buying them...or is it because there's no supply? You can't sell something you aren't building. Seems like all dealers within 200 miles of me have between 0-2 new Mirages in stock right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Although I will say that the dealer I bought my OS from Leskovar Mitsubishi shows 4 Mirages & 7 G4's in stock. No additional markup either, MSRP. No games or "surprise additional fees". I did everything over the phone and through email and when I got there I literally spent less than 1/2 hour at the dealership. If you're interested in a Outlander Sport they have a few left marked down. Leskovar's markdowns are not rebates that you probably won't be eligible for, they are literally markdowns. I would advise anyone at this point if they ever wanted a OS, better not wait much longer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Maybe not buy a second mirage but maybe stock up on certain parts
    I've never had a Mirage before, and there is a good chance I'm not driving it any time soon... what sort of parts do you suggest in 'stocking up on'... I was thinking the same sort of thing, but only because I believe parts in general are going to be difficult to get *for any car* (In the US due to political/economic problems looming).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I have to ask a dumb question... Why are Mirage sales down?

Is it because nobody is buying them...or is it because there's no supply? You can't sell something you aren't building. Seems like all dealers within 200 miles of me have between 0-2 new Mirages in stock right now.
    Why did cars like the Yaris, Prius c, Fit, Sonic, Spark, entire Scion line up, & other small more affordable cars disappear?

I would say the Mirage has taken a drastic drop in sales the past three posted sales months (April, May, June). No one can claim people are buying the above mentioned cars instead.

I hate to say this, but we (those of us that like the Mirage) may not be the norm. The world seems a bit backwards to me right now, and it's not just cars.

I really like my Mirage. I value a vehicle that's affordable, reliable, & economical to drive. Having said that, I don't know a single soul outside this forum that would have any interest in a car like the Mirage. Yet, most everyone I know owns multiple vehicles.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (08-24-2023),twister77 (08-20-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why did cars like the Yaris, Prius c, Fit, Sonic, Spark, entire Scion line up, & other small more affordable cars disappear?

I would say the Mirage has taken a drastic drop in sales the past three posted sales months (April, May, June). No one can claim people are buying the above mentioned cars instead.

I hate to say this, but we (those of us that like the Mirage) may not be the norm. The world seems a bit backwards to me right now, and it's not just cars.

I really like my Mirage. I value a vehicle that's affordable, reliable, & economical to drive. Having said that, I don't know a single soul outside this forum that would have any interest in a car like the Mirage. Yet, most everyone I know owns multiple vehicles.
    Mark,

WB, as you know it is the busiest and biggest Mitsu dealer in the Midwest, has plenty of Mirages sedan and hatchback starting at $17k…$17k! And they have over 30 mirages combined on their lot. It hasn’t gone down to single digit in months! And it’s terribly unfortunate. I had great experience w/ them!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)