Thread: Help car value ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Very accurate...
    Dealer quoted me $13k for my first G4. I was amazed but not surprised…at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ... they might twist numbers around to make it look like you're getting a fair value ...
    Very accurate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,480 Posts
    If you want to know the wholesale value of your car (the amount a dealer will probably offer you as a trade-in), just fill out a form on Carvana or Vroom as if you want to sell them your car. I did this with my Mirage a couple of years ago. Now every month or so they send me an updated report of what my 2015 Mirage is worth (to them). It's worth some entertainment value.

Here's my latest Carvana value report...

Name:  Carvana_Value.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  72.3 KB

I just noticed that my mileage wasn't up-to-date. So I updated my odometer reading (from 104K to 133K) and they adjusted their offer slightly...

Name:  Carvana_Value_2.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  23.3 KB

WTF!?!? In another couple of months I'll have to pay them to come and pick it up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

7milesout (10-13-2023),Grumpy Bear (01-15-2024),inuvik (10-13-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,480 Posts
    What the @$#$!...this is getting stupid.

Here's my latest "vehicle value tracker report" from Carvana...

Name:  carvanna.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  88.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    What the @$#$!...this is getting stupid.

Here's my latest "vehicle value tracker report" from Carvana...
    Overall, used Mirage prices seem a little better for consumers.

If I had to replace my Mirage today, my search parameters are 2017+, 5-speed manual, within a 500 mile radius, under $10,000. For a long time, not much existed.

Today I see - 2017 Mirage ES manual, 72,800 miles for $7,699 (no accidents reported). I could live with something like that. It's a clone of my current Mirage with fewer miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, the valuation services from online and dealers are ludicrous. If I sold mine, I'd look at the MSRP of the latest model and drop a few-several $1,000's based on mileage. While the dealer would offer $7,000 and then sell it for $14,000

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,060 Posts
    I think I have Comprehensive on a couple of the nicer ones. Like blue truck and LS 460L. I'm surprised deer aren't required to carry minimal liability insurance ... at least in California.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think its roughly a fair price given the current postings on facebook marketplace in ontario.
    Remember people think the mirage is a "bad" or "cheap" car so the resale value is currently not good.

In future I hope it rises like the old toyotas (tercel, camry, corrolla) where over time people realize the reliability (old is gold).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    I think its roughly a fair price given the current postings on facebook marketplace in ontario.
    Remember people think the mirage is a "bad" or "cheap" car so the resale value is currently not good.

In future I hope it rises like the old toyotas (tercel, camry, corrolla) where over time people realize the reliability (old is gold).
    I believe resale value don’t mean much if one incline to keep it indefinitely, and it goes for any car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-15-2024),sunbeam (03-15-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    I believe resale value don’t mean much if one incline to keep it indefinitely, and it goes for any car.
    Completely agree.

Intending to not sell it so could care less about the resale value.

I am just saying the normies dont value these machines.

Only the latest and greatest in SUV computational technologies and driver tickling assistance is desired.

And dont forget all this belly aching about car theft and cat theft.

Mirage is theft proof because the locks are manual and the cats are protected, better profits are had at the next kia.

@Fummins is it really a money pit per km?

I did the calculations one day but mirage is cheaper than flying for me per km and cheaper than the bus in Toronto.

Makes me laugh when I hear of people avoiding road trips because of "depreciation" or "increase in car maintenance".