Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help car value ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Very accurate...
    Dealer quoted me $13k for my first G4. I was amazed but not surprised…at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ... they might twist numbers around to make it look like you're getting a fair value ...
    Very accurate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,484 Posts
    If you want to know the wholesale value of your car (the amount a dealer will probably offer you as a trade-in), just fill out a form on Carvana or Vroom as if you want to sell them your car. I did this with my Mirage a couple of years ago. Now every month or so they send me an updated report of what my 2015 Mirage is worth (to them). It's worth some entertainment value.

Here's my latest Carvana value report...

Name:  Carvana_Value.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  72.3 KB

I just noticed that my mileage wasn't up-to-date. So I updated my odometer reading (from 104K to 133K) and they adjusted their offer slightly...

Name:  Carvana_Value_2.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  23.3 KB

WTF!?!? In another couple of months I'll have to pay them to come and pick it up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

7milesout (10-13-2023),Grumpy Bear (01-15-2024),inuvik (10-13-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,484 Posts
    What the @$#$!...this is getting stupid.

Here's my latest "vehicle value tracker report" from Carvana...

Name:  carvanna.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  88.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, the valuation services from online and dealers are ludicrous. If I sold mine, I'd look at the MSRP of the latest model and drop a few-several $1,000's based on mileage. While the dealer would offer $7,000 and then sell it for $14,000

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 2,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    What the @$#$!...this is getting stupid.

Here's my latest "vehicle value tracker report" from Carvana...
    Overall, used Mirage prices seem a little better for consumers.

If I had to replace my Mirage today, my search parameters are 2017+, 5-speed manual, within a 500 mile radius, under $10,000. For a long time, not much existed.

Today I see - 2017 Mirage ES manual, 72,800 miles for $7,699 (no accidents reported). I could live with something like that. It's a clone of my current Mirage with fewer miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Overall, used Mirage prices seem a little better for consumers.

If I had to replace my Mirage today, my search parameters are 2017+, 5-speed manual, within a 500 mile radius, under $10,000. For a long time, not much existed.

Today I see - 2017 Mirage ES manual, 72,800 miles for $7,699 (no accidents reported). I could live with something like that. It's a clone of my current Mirage with fewer miles.
    I imagine you have full coverage with your insurance carrier? I would never understand anyone’s intention to go liability on the Mirage to begin with. Probably the #1 asset being invaluable for owners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    I imagine you have full coverage with your insurance carrier? I would never understand anyone’s intention to go liability on the Mirage to begin with. Probably the #1 asset being invaluable for owners.
    It's not about insurance for me. I have full coverage on my current vehicles, but I will drop to liability on an older vehicle.

I like the Mirage, but I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for one unless I really had too. Since I would only buy a manual, new ones are out of the question anyways. I would be shopping the used car market from this point forward.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    I would never understand anyone’s intention to go liability on the Mirage to begin with. Probably the #1 asset being invaluable for owners.
    I've had LIABILITY ONLY on my 2020 Mirage from day 1! I have liability only on EVERY SINGLE CAR I own. Including of course my sons' cars.

When I start boozing, doping and driving, I'll add Collision. I drive very carefully. If I get in an accident, there's a 90% chance it's going to be the other driver's fault. I run dash cams too so I can prove that if the other driver lies. And if they don't have insurance, I'll fix it myself.

Back in 2018, I had an accident in my big blue Dodge Ram. I smoked a Nissan Altima. Long story so I won't go into it. Ultimately it was my fault. My insurance took care of the other driver, and I paid, I want to say $2,800 to fix my truck. I bet I saved way more than $2,800 over the past 20+ years that I've had liability only, on that truck. Helluva truck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I've had LIABILITY ONLY on my 2020 Mirage from day 1! I have liability only on EVERY SINGLE CAR I own. Including of course my sons' cars.

When I start boozing, doping and driving, I'll add Collision. I drive very carefully. If I get in an accident, there's a 90% chance it's going to be the other driver's fault. I run dash cams too so I can prove that if the other driver lies. And if they don't have insurance, I'll fix it myself.

Back in 2018, I had an accident in my big blue Dodge Ram. I smoked a Nissan Altima. Long story so I won't go into it. Ultimately it was my fault. My insurance took care of the other driver, and I paid, I want to say $2,800 to fix my truck. I bet I saved way more than $2,800 over the past 20+ years that I've had liability only, on that truck. Helluva truck.
    I value comprehensive insurance more than collision. I have hit a few deer over the years. Two of which did major damage that required repair. None of the deer I hit had insurance, & it's hard to collect anything from them when they are dead!