Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blower Motor Always ON

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Hello all thought I would add my 2 cents worth lol.

My car is a 2023, and also does this as well.
    The fan blower runs even in the "off" position.

The car has no mechanical issues and I have replaced the coolant several times already on the advice of others in the forum with heater core issues.

I think this is some kind of standard thing not an error or mechanical failure.
    To be perfectly clear, when you push the button marked "OFF" your heater fan keeps running? Or are you just lowering the fan speed to the lowest setting?
    I'm positive mine shuts off completely, or at least used to, I'll verify later if I remember.
    And same with all the manual temp control cars.

Johnny, I only found a 2015 setup so far. I don't know if I pulled any from a 2017. I'm sure there are some in a wreck still. Let me know if you are gonna try that set nearby or want me to find one still.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I’m gonna have to call bs on the heater motor not turning off when switched-off being normal, until proven differently.

My motor is noisy and it’s pretty easy tell what’s going on ��

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I’m gonna have to call bs on the heater motor not turning off when switched-off being normal, until proven differently.

My motor is noisy and it’s pretty easy tell what’s going on ��
    Crank the AC to the Min temperature with the fan on and then hit the "off" button and see if you feel cold air.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Crank the AC to the Min temperature with the fan on and then hit the "off" button and see if you feel cold air.
    Can tell you the reason why I notice this.... in the summer I removed all the coolant for distilled water + water wetter. Redline says do not run less than 20% coolant or risk the air conditioner freezing up. Since I felt cold air blowing in the above described condition, I always set the heater to "max" before turning it off just in case. Used no AC all summer but let me tell you the engine cooling was nice.

Can tell you the reason why I notice this.... in the summer I removed all the coolant for distilled water + water wetter. Redline says do not run less than 20% coolant or risk the air conditioner freezing up. Since I felt cold air blowing in the above described condition, I always set the heater to "max" before turning it off just in case. Used no AC all summer but let me tell you the engine cooling was nice.
    You can’t get more scientific than that. But off means off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,060 Posts
    sunbeam - I believe what you may have been feeling was what we called in the automotive (design / manufacturing) industry, "bleeding."

You'll notice nice cool, air conditioned air (for a while) if you have been running the A/C for a while, in FRESH mode, then push the OFF button while rolling down the road.

The pressure differential between outside and inside the car, plus the fact that the hvac vent is open in the FRESH position, air will still come in, and move through the car (then drawn out). The evaporator remains full of cold refrigerant ... for a while. That refrigerant doesn't stay cold for too long down here in the south where we keep the roofs blazing. When I lived in Michigan, it would bleed in nice cold air across that evaporator for quite a while.

Come to a stop in this condition and the bleeding stops. Course you can turn the car to ON, set the HVAC fan speed to any speed really, then press the OFF button on the HVAC. The fan will stop. You can readily hear it if the car is ON but the engine is not running.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    sunbeam - I believe what you may have been feeling was what we called in the automotive (design / manufacturing) industry, "bleeding."

You'll notice nice cool, air conditioned air (for a while) if you have been running the A/C for a while, in FRESH mode, then push the OFF button while rolling down the road.

The pressure differential between outside and inside the car, plus the fact that the hvac vent is open in the FRESH position, air will still come in, and move through the car (then drawn out). The evaporator remains full of cold refrigerant ... for a while. That refrigerant doesn't stay cold for too long down here in the south where we keep the roofs blazing. When I lived in Michigan, it would bleed in nice cold air across that evaporator for quite a while.

Come to a stop in this condition and the bleeding stops. Course you can turn the car to ON, set the HVAC fan speed to any speed really, then press the OFF button on the HVAC. The fan will stop. You can readily hear it if the car is ON but the engine is not running.

7milesout
    So you're saying the motor still runs but on whisper quite dyson mode? I'm pretty sure mine came with the bio-warfare sealed unit radiation filtration system from factory so the noise I hear isn'tjust the motor, it's the filtration ventilation, reverse hypothesis-air-scrubber-system. Like what Tesla's have.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, the motor is off, no voltage to it. But likely, when the car is moving, with the setting is on FRESH, and you can feel air blowing through the vents (have to have it on "face" mode so you can poot your hand on the vent while driving and feel the air flowing) it's likely the airflow "bleeding" through is spinning the blower motor to some degree.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    No, the motor is off, no voltage to it. But likely, when the car is moving, with the setting is on FRESH, and you can feel air blowing through the vents (have to have it on "face" mode so you can poot your hand on the vent while driving and feel the air flowing) it's likely the airflow "bleeding" through is spinning the blower motor to some degree.
    But if air is moving the blower motor is on right?

Just trolling.

Yes you are correct.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Just trolling.

Yes you are correct.
    I done node u were troelin. Cause you're hella SIIIIIIIIIICK.