Thread: 2024 Mirage GT headlight bulb replacement

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2024 Mirage GT headlight bulb replacement

Hello,

Just wondering if it's possible to change the new 2024 Mirage GT's LED headlamp bulbs ?

Took a quick look a few days ago and it seems pretty much like a sealed unit like in many newer cars ?

Nothing yet on Rock Auto in the headlight bulb section for a 2024, but a quick search on Amazon with a "2024 Mitsubishi Mirage" filter gave me "headlamp bulb replacement" options...??

Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

Marc

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
    Hello,

Just wondering if it's possible to change the new 2024 Mirage GT's LED headlamp bulbs ?

Took a quick look a few days ago and it seems pretty much like a sealed unit like in many newer cars ?

Nothing yet on Rock Auto in the headlight bulb section for a 2024, but a quick search on Amazon with a "2024 Mitsubishi Mirage" filter gave me "headlamp bulb replacement" options...??

Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

Marc
    you may want to look closer. for Mits to specify a, what seems to me, a huge tooling change this late in a product run with no good reason to do so, ie, no government mandate, is senseless. Not to mention the outroar from the auto world when word gets out it will now cost $650 to change a dead headlamp. Look closer, I am sure you will find a bulb in a socket.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 686 Posts
    Doesn't the owners manual explain how?

I just looked at the 2023 GT. It looks like you can easily replace the signal bulb and the marker light bulb(behind the orange reflector on the side) and that's all I could see. I'll post pics for those that don't believe a car would come with non-replaceable headlights.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Name:  IMG_5491.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  97.6 KBName:  IMG_5489.jpg
Size:  94.5 KBName:  IMG_5487.jpg
Size:  93.6 KB Crapy pics but it looks like the headlights(and led drl?) run through that 8pin grey/black connector.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I thought when I bought my 2018 GT, it was advertised as HID headlights... Maybe that is what you have???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

I think 18(17-20) was hid, 23 led?

Here's an 18' Gt hid bulb
    Name:  D2SC1_Front.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  61.0 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (Yesterday)