Thread: Potential Mirage Eco-mod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts

Potential Mirage Eco-mod

If it can be done with a Suzuki Swift, surely someone can do it to this Mirage platform.

Slow car/huge cargo bike for burning man

Hello bicycle weirdo!

I converted a car to be powered by bicycle. As you can see in the pictures, the engine has been replaced by a bike. The original transmission now has a cassette on it, and it still shifts (1-4, R and 5 are gone). The rest of the car has been stripped down, leaving only the rolling bits, exterior, driver's seat, brakes, and steering. I think it currently weighs about 900lbs. On the flats it's easier to pedal than expected-- we biked it up a (tiny) ~12% hill!

The "cargo bike" requires two to operate, one to pedal and one to steer. I have plans to make it single operator by attaching controls to the handlebars, but the project stalled when I moved to SF. The car is in Los Altos Hills.

Some other details: the car is a suzuki (taylor) swift, the bike frame is fairly large (fit someone above >5'5"ish), the parking and normal brakes work great, the diff is welded and one axle removed so the bike only powers the driver side wheel, the interior has tons of space and doesn't leak, the lights should still work (harness is intact), and the car is registered in my name.

Edit: as found on Best of Craigslist Originally Posted: 2018-06-08. Makes me wonder where it is now...
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-30-2024 at 04:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mohammad (03-31-2024)