When I bought my 2014 the sales guys pointed out that the rear heater vents were optional and I would come to appreciate them. I never had a chance.

When I got my 2017 because it was an ES I figured there were no rear heater vents.

Yesterday while mounting my HF radio under the seat I noticed this raised lump in the way. I was shocked when I reached around it and felt HOT air flowing out!! My ES does have rear seat vents.

So, as a test I plugged the rear seat vents, both sides, and the VOLUME of air from the front vents was DOUBLED!! Or so it felt. What it felt like was the HIGH speed of my 2014 climate control Mirage.

So here's what I was wondering. Where are the rear heat vents fed from? I would think there's tubing from the main plenum that must be very close to the the fan as the volume of air from those little vents was impressive.

Has anyone here taken out their entire front carpet for whatever reason and noticed the ductwork for the rear vents? Also, since I thought they were optional on my 2014 and not available at all on an ES who else here has the vents?