Thread: 360,000 miles :)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

360,000 miles :)

Just finished post in the newbie section so ended up here looking to resolve a few issues. Yes, that's correct 360,00 miles but still running well. About a month ago I drove through a high ware area as it was dark and didn't really see it till it was too late. The battery light came on for a minuet then went out. Well, last week it started flashing intermittently, it's a high voltage issue around 15 volts as I can see the headlights get brighter. The battery seems to be around 15 volts. Tested and it and fluctuates 14. 5 to 15.2. I looked for a new alternator, but they are seem to not be available in part stores and the dealer wants 550 REALLY I did buy on Ebay 92.00 it had 44,000 miles but still have the issue not as much but still flashed, any thoughts. Hard to believe I'd find one with the same issue. I do have a right front wheel bearing going bad about time right well they can't be found either and of course the dealer wants 580 that's absurd for one. Did find them on the Ebay web site for 86 each actually did some research and they are a Timken bearing, will in-stall next week. Have great day hopefully I get this voltage issue resolved, from Michigan Phil.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copper 2019 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-20-2024),coolflippers (04-22-2024),Fummins (04-19-2024),Grumpy Bear (04-20-2024),inuvik (04-19-2024)