Thread: Ciao! ModernistDinosaur here!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Ciao! ModernistDinosaur here!

Hi all, I'm making a formal introduction after I posted about a curious used Mirage.

Long-story-short: my 2003 Golf TDI is aging. Although I've adored that car, life is such that I'm not going to be able to give it the geriatric care it so thoroughly deserves! As such, I've been trying to find a suitable replacement, which has been perplexing to say the least.

To me, car styling has been in a steep decline since the late 00s, so aesthetics are generally out for me. I've chosen to focus on: value, reliability, low cost-of-ownership, and general utilitarianism. I had been looking at Toyota (Scion) Yaris/iA, but finding one with a manual transmission has proven difficult.

In an unexpected turn, I've found myself considering a car I thought I never would: the Mitsubishi Mirage. Do I like the look of the car? Not really... But I like that it's small, inexpensive, and simple with a good track record!

Keeping my eyes open for the right one! Looking forward to bouncing ideas off of you guys!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ModernistDinosaur For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-22-2024),Grumpy Bear (04-22-2024),MetroMPG (04-29-2024)