Thread: I rejected Pat yesterday...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,060 Posts

I rejected Pat yesterday...

So, I drove my big Lex yesterday. Thought I'd stop and squeeze the juice out of a dinosaur (fill it with fuel) while I was out. As I was finished, but sitting in my car, doing my nerd calculations and resetting all the nerd data, Pat came walking up motioning for me to put my window down.

Pat looked like one of these types that had just left the protest rally. Pat looked about 19 years old, white, very round, but I could tell it was female due to what appeared to be unsupported raw chicken fillets under its ... "shirt?" Not 1 effort given to look feminine. Unbrushed hair with absolutely no particular scheme, there was just hair extending out of its skull. Zero makeup, which I actually kind of like on females ... but they have to look feminine.

She started giving me the ole, "could you spare enough $ for my mom and I to eat?" This is a very rare thing in my neck of the woods. And I immediately didn't believe what it was saying. After listening to the sob story I asked, "who would you vote for?" At which time I could tell I threw Pat off its game. Pat replied, "I don't even know who's president."

In my mind I said, "Gotcha bich." As Pat knew EXACTLY what I was getting at. And instead of out and out lying just to say what Pat expected I would respond to positively, I could tell there was no way Pat was going to utter that name. But at the same time, Pat couldn't admit to me who it would actually vote for, knowing I would reject their request.

I replied, "I don't believe you." Pat said, "that's my mother right there." And was motioning me to look away from her toward a car at the pump. I didn't look. I just said, "I don't believe you, Sayonara." And I drove away.

There's no way Pat was in the fix she implied. I'm guessing her lezbo lover just looked older, and they were either on their way to a protest, or just left a protest and had no money because they have no job ... because they just protest.

In any event, this is what I waste my taxes to the gobment for. To waste it on such creatins as Pat. I don't want to waste any more "tax" money making direct payments to such types.

Judge me if you will, flame suit donned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

You no like Pat?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I DO NOT believe that you donned your flame suit. You are lying. Show me a picture, or I will not believe

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Because of the way she appeared to you.. and how young 'she' looked... it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't know who the president was. I can also believe she didn't have any money. Depending upon the situation, I would have went into that gas station and got them a $20 subway gift card or something, but I would have had to see it with my own eyes to judge what things looked like... but you made the decision and there is no way to judge, you did what you did based upon what you saw. It could have been 'a little scam' also.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    So, I drove my big Lex yesterday.
    That's what you get for driving your Lexus. Had you been driving your Mirage, they would have felt sorry for you & left you alone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's what you get for driving your Lexus. Had you been driving your Mirage, they would have felt sorry for you & left you alone.
    Hehehehehe Ok, now that's funny right there. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

To be honest, I hated to drive away, but it felt SOOOO scammy. And I felt I was being lied to, and it didn't sit well with me.

This one time, when I was about 25 or 26 years old, this guy at a gas station approached me and gave some similar sob story. But he didn't want money. From my memory he desperately needed me to take him somewhere. It wasn't far away and not far from where I was living at that time. So I took him. I can't remember the details, but when we got there I could tell it wasn't any desperate need, he was just scamming me for a ride across town. And I told him, dude if you had just told me you wanted a ride across town I would have taken you. You didn't have to lie like a scumbag. He just had this smile of shame on his face. He was just some crackhead who refused to get a job and I think was just trying to get back home to his mother's basement. I have been weary and very skeptic of anyone approaching for anything since them. I consider them to ALL be liars. There may be some that are not lying, but I doubt it. They always try to make it seem like they're at death's doorstep.

Pat probably just wanted money for weed or some other hippie drug.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Imagine if you will living in a city that exists born out of tourism, full of people spending wildly on anything and everything because it's their one and only trip from Butte to Niagara Falls. Imagine the types of "down on their luck and just need $20 to clean up for a job interview" individuals hanging around here. At the base of Clifton Hill, THE tourist draw, is a long steel fence where these types congregate, with their dogs (feed my dog, please?) and their strollers with the 2 infants aboard. (my kids are hungry).

I've personally seen these types "punching out" at the end of their shift and being picked up by their spouse/pimp/keeper who happens to be driving an Escalade. Nothing, and I mean nothing surprises me anymore.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)