Thread: Hello!

Country
    Romania
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello!

Hi, I'm new here and new to cars in general. I only drove superminis so far and would like to get another one. I'm here because I'm in the market for a new car after my 208 got totaled and got away with minor scratches (it wasn't my fault). I am a resident doctor, so I usually drive in the city unless my wife wants to go on a city break.

As I am not a Space Star owner, I came here to explore the model more in-depth. All I want is something that's reliable and does okay on the highway.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cl0ud For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-01-2024),Fummins (05-01-2024)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site! I am sure you will find all the information you need right here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Hello cloud and welcome!

Superminis - I was going to ask what they are but I googled it. A Peugeot 208. Nice looking car. The version with the 1.0 and 1.2 are probably going to be most like a Mirage / Space Star.

I have no experience with the European marketplace, so I don't know what is available for cars. Lots more good small car offerings than are available in the U.S.

In the U.S., the Mirage is very affordable, and I consider it quite reliable. It is likely the lowest cost of ownership (in the U.S.) when including maintenance and repair. It is not exciting to drive, unless the sound of saving money while driving excites. In my opinion, it does more than okay on the highway. I think it kicks butt. But that's just me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, cl0ud!

In reading a bit from the Australian market, it seems the Kia Picanto is preferred over the Mirage/Space Star. But even there, the Mirage regularly won recognition for lowest cost of ownership.

Are you looking for a manual or automatic transmission?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)