Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daggone auto-up/down winder...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    @eggman, do you think the MiEV is a good used EV for cheap these days? I imagine yes for specific purpose aka going to church, grocery in short commute. But idk much about EV. Thought maybe you know.
    I actually lurk in a iMiev forum. Lots of issues with battery packs.

https://myimiev.com/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I actually lurk in a iMiev forum. Lots of issues with battery packs.

https://myimiev.com/
    Oh really? Hmm 🤔. That just too bad then. Maybe not as bad unlike Eclipse Cross or Chevy Spark forum I wonder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 2,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    @eggman, do you think the MiEV is a good used EV for cheap these days? I imagine yes for specific purpose aka going to church, grocery in short commute. But idk much about EV. Thought maybe you know.
    I drove one a couple years after I got Speck. It was very easy to drive, and had plenty of power despite it's size. The dealer selling it wasn't asking much for it. It made me regret buying a Mirage. It was sold soon after that test drive.

But there were problems with cells and/or modules failing in their battery packs. Last I heard some owners were repairing battery packs by salvaging scrapped batteries but Mitsubishi was not supporting the vehicle. That's why they are so cheap.

Some people erroneously apply the problems of the iMiev to all EVs. It's a major reason why I opted to spend a little extra on a Model 3. The more I read about its development, the more I felt it was the right choice over time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think you should take it to that cliff in Alaska.
    I think we should launch a flock of Mirages! Synchronized!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-08-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Then buy an EV lolol.
    I would buy a Volt. It's battery capacity is small enough, generally about 40 miles range electric only, that the battery can be charged up overnight on just a 125V source. No need to put thousands of dollars into a charger you may never use again after one gets sick of their Tata.

However, if Tata built an EV with the same powertrain set-up as the Volt, I'd be super interested. Musky pushes his development staff to do things that makes sense, generally. So I think that would be a very fine automobile.
    Last edited by 7milesout; 05-08-2024 at 07:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I think we should launch a flock of Mirages! Synchronized!
    Then drive them back home!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Then drive them back home!
    They're not Tacomas!

Speaking of Tacomas, I was in love with Tacomas until this latest batch. Nothing really wrong with them. Cept the one I'd want is 65 friggin thousand dollars (Access Cab, the longer short bed, 6 speed manual, V6, 4x4). Goodbye Tacoma, bring on the Stout!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

This is true, but I'm sure a guy could cobble one or two together from 3 or 4 cars? Just bring zip ties and duct tape.

Thank to this thread I had a window not roll down this morning...After ripping the door panel off I found that I already jerry rigged this car once before. The regulator loosened off so bad previously that the holes were egged out so bad I had to use fender washers. The regulator itself was all bent out of shape now. I ended up replacing it and it works fine now. Car had 500,000 hard clickometers, the window regulator outlasted the engine and cvt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 2,141 Posts
    Then fly them back home!
    fixed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

This is true, but I'm sure a guy could cobble one or two together from 3 or 4 cars? Just bring zip ties and duct tape.

Thank to this thread I had a window not roll down this morning...After ripping the door panel off I found that I already jerry rigged this car once before. The regulator loosened off so bad previously that the holes were egged out so bad I had to use fender washers. The regulator itself was all bent out of shape now. I ended up replacing it and it works fine now. Car had 500,000 hard clickometers, the window regulator outlasted the engine and cvt.
    Update on this car^ the drivers window blew out this morning. Driver said it was rolled down partially and they heard a bang. Over the years I have seen a few side windows shatter, likely from a random rock that hits it just the wrong way. I'm hoping that was the case here. I can't find anything wrong with it. Window goes up and down smoothly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-13-2024)