Hubcaps?

Best place to get hub caps? Looking to spice the wheels up a little bit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenaaron66 View Post
    Why focus on just hubcaps? With some patience and a little more dough you can find a decent set of used aluminum alloys.

Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)
    Craigslist finds

Edit: and of course don't forget Fuel Efficient 15-Inch Wheels and Tires
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-17-2021 at 12:20 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Why focus on just hubcaps? With some patience and a little more dough you can find a decent set of used aluminum alloys.

Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)
    Craigslist finds

Edit: and of course don't forget Fuel Efficient 15-Inch Wheels and Tires
    I prefer to spend $25 and get a new look with wheel covers every year ..over permanent rims. Ive had both.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Have had 1 hubcap fly into woods from a pothole and one get cracked by road again.

Have used facebook marketplace, so far obtained 3OEM (2020) hubcaps for $50CAD and 4 OEM (2012) for $50CAD.

Trying to stock up when I see the OEM. They are supposed to be aerodynamically good from what others hav posted.

I look to pay from $15-25 per hubcap, the list price here from dealership is $150CAD+tax per hubcap.

Advise to zip tie hubcaps to minimize loss or damage.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    4 oem (2012) for $50cad.
    2012, jdm?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    2012, jdm?
    Yes! they look so cool I think. Hoping no more hubcaps break but I really like the way they look.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hubcaps 2024

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Have had 1 hubcap fly into woods from a pothole and one get cracked by road again.

Have used facebook marketplace, so far obtained 3OEM (2020) hubcaps for $50CAD and 4 OEM (2012) for $50CAD.

Trying to stock up when I see the OEM. They are supposed to be aerodynamically good from what others hav posted.

I look to pay from $15-25 per hubcap, the list price here from dealership is $150CAD+tax per hubcap.

Advise to zip tie hubcaps to minimize loss or damage.
    My hubcap life has not been as eventful, but it may start...I just scored.a.set of 4 "Futura" brand off ebay for $25. It rained all day so hopefully tomorrow Ill pull the old off, clean the rims and see how these fit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I lost a factory wheel cover at 15,000 miles when one of my factory Dunlop tires failed (sidewall issue). I over paid for a used one on eBay at the time.

I picked up 3 free ones from a forum member a couple years ago. Thus, I am sitting at 7 factory wheel covers, but one is sort of busted up inside. I may toss it at some point.

Cheap steel rims with wheel covers work for me. I didn't buy a Mirage for its looks.
    I currently have a pair of Nokian snow tires & a pair of Kumho all-season tires on my Mirage.
    This summer it will be my all-season Kumho & Nexen pairs.
    Next winter it will be my Nokian & hopefully a fresh new pair Vredestein tires.

Slapping wheel covers on whatever I am using at the time works best for me.

Dealing with wheel sensors is a bit of a pain in the States. 4 of my Mirage wheels have cloned sensors, & they can have their codes reprogrammed. As long as my Mirage recognizes the 4 original factory codes it's all good. Since the Autel sensors can be reprogrammed, I can always make that happen. The car doesn't know if it has a mix of factory or cloned sensor on it at the same time.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMirage501 View Post
    My hubcap life has not been as eventful, but it may start...I just scored.a.set of 4 "Futura" brand off ebay for $25. It rained all day so hopefully tomorrow Ill pull the old off, clean the rims and see how these fit.
    Installed capped lug nuts to prevent salt ingress into the threads.

The nuts press slightly on the inside of the hubcap so they may break/be lost easier.
    Would still zip tie for the cheap price / high benefit ratio.

There is so much salt here that it was worth the tradeoff to prevent the nuts from rusting.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenaaron66 View Post
    I noticed black wheels on a gray Mirage (same as mine) the other day. I thought they looked sharp. I would consider replacing my factory wheel covers with black ones. I noticed someone is making factory style wheel covers in black now. I don't mind the factory style, but black may look better?

Here is where I saw the black aftermarket factory clones (currently out-of-stock) -

https://www.autovaluewheels.com/c/13...s_14_inch.html

Otherwise Amazon, Walmart, Auto Zone have different options. Someone shared these the other day, & I thought they looked sharp -

https://www.amazon.com/Sparco-SPC149...ts_id=15706831

I am not a fan of wheel covers with fake lug nuts on them, but that's personal preference on my part.