Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
Will it become what Mercury was to Ford(or another Saturn,Pontiac,Oldsmobile,Asuna) just re-baged Nissan's then fizzled out because it didn't probably didn't make much financial sense.
I'm sure I'm just repeating what was already mentioned in this thread but reading is hard.
I compare the Alliance to Hyundai & Kia merging together In that case, however, I don't feel either company had a strong heritage before the merger. 7milesout may have a better take on that, because he worked for them.

In the case of Mitsubishi, I feel Mitsubishi had some established heritage in North America. Although they were never a huge company here, they were well known for certain unique vehicles that had a somewhat cult following. It just seems like this merger is destroying all that, & I find that a bit depressing.

It's not just cars that this has happened, too. My two favorite chainsaw companies were Jonsered & Dolmar. Jonsered was bought out by the same company that owns Husqvarna and eventually Jonsered was phased out. More recently, Makita bought out Dolmar. As of last year, Makita has stopped all production of gas powered chainsaws, which were Dolmar chainsaws wrapped in a different color. Dolmar was the oldest gas powered chainsaw company, & now they are history!

As a kid if someone told me Allis-Chalmers or International Harvester would be bought or disappeared, I would have never believed it. Yet huge companies like these have gone under or have had major changes after mergers.

It's become a part of life. I really haven't seen anything promising coming from Mitsubishi in recent years. I'm sorry, but new bumpers slapped on a Mirage is not much of an update. Eclipse Cross has to be a disappointment for them, because the sales numbers have just never been there since its release. Outlander is basically a Nissan product, and the Outlander Sport will soon follow the same path. You can't even get excited about the possibility of the Triton coming here, because that's become a Frontier clone. I don't see a bright future Mitsubishi, but I still like my Mirage!