Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear L400 (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Delica Space Gear L400
    Black
    4spd automagic

4x4

•  
    Details

Has some weird bmw looking grille from a Taiwan market 2005 Delica

•  

Stock

•  
    Comments: 150 / Views: 69097
    I jumped the gun.... My part is now stuck in Memphis TN with a "who know's when it'll get here" expected delivery date. Below freezing temps and snow seemed to have paralyzed the region.

I guess I'm kinda thankful that we're able to deal with -49F to 95F(-45c to 35c) temp swings throughout the year up here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey Fummins, I also have an 02 Deli and am looking to replace the rear brake pads. My guy (Coombs Auto) wants $145 +shipping and I'm sure I can get them for much less from Rock Auto as I did recently for my car. Problem is I can't come up with the OEM or replacement part number. In a search your post came up and noticed you mention you had the part number. Would you share? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by miniG View Post
    Hey Fummins, I also have an 02 Deli and am looking to replace the rear brake pads. My guy (Coombs Auto) wants $145 +shipping and I'm sure I can get them for much less from Rock Auto as I did recently for my car. Problem is I can't come up with the OEM or replacement part number. In a search your post came up and noticed you mention you had the part number. Would you share? Thanks!
    Give me a bit, I'll search for all the part numbers I used.

I originally was just going to replace pads(maybe rotors too) iirc, but both lower caliper mount bolts broke off(rust) inside both brackets so thats why I ended up with new calipers. I was able to source that stuff locally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Great and thanks! I've replace a bunch of stuff including front rotors and calipers, hoping I don't run into the same problem with the rears and can get away with just pads. Cheers!

The pads I used were Raybestos MGD567C they worked fine with the Calipers and rotors I installed. I can't remember if they fit exactly the same as the old ones. I'll look for more pics here. They did for sure fit properly with the new brackets though. I just remember seeing some posts or videos about some pads not contacting the outer edge of the rotors. That might have been the case with these pads and the old brackets. So just the same pads I used might not work out if you still have the original caliper brackets/calipers? Or they will work fine but just not contact the outer edge of the rotor?
    The rear rotors I used were Raybestos 96378R
    Calipers:NuGeon 99-01229A and 99-01229B

It seems the Delica Canada forum isn't used and I don't go on facecrack very often.
    This thread is helpful https://delicaforum.com/index.php?th...60/#post-54695
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-19-2024 at 05:21 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Alright, thanks Fummins! Looked them up and they look the same but will wait until it warms up and keep searching to be sure. Coombs wants $145 + shipping and they list for $24 + shipping at Rock Auto. Going to stop using Coombs any time I can lol...

Quote Originally Posted by miniG View Post
    Alright, thanks Fummins! Looked them up and they look the same but will wait until it warms up and keep searching to be sure. Coombs wants $145 + shipping and they list for $24 + shipping at Rock Auto. Going to stop using Coombs any time I can lol...
    Yeah, I haven't had to use any of the import places yet. So far I think the only things I'll have to bite the bullet on are front rotors and a windshield. The windshields are overrated and my front rotors are still good. I'd like to support the guys in BC but they're pricey.

It looks like you have a gaser too, I bought all the parts to do the timing belt, water pump, and reseal the top of the engine, and new front suspension all from Rockauto. Except for front control arm bushings. Saved a ton of beer money going that route!

What part of Alberta are you at? I picked mine up in Calgary and then brought it back to Edmonton. Seems most people want diesel engines in these vans but I didn't want the headaches.

I think I should have just ordered a headlight switch from Coombs. I figured I was saving $20 ordering on from Ebay but I see(doorbell cam) it finally arrived but fedex just tossed a form on the ground and left with my package. I assume they might want some extra duty? The google says I may have to $hit out up to $60-70 for customs fee's based on value and where it came from. Will post how this goes down, if whatever the driver left behind doesn't blow away in the next 3 hrs.

Got the lights working last weekend. Had to pay an extra $30 to fedex for customs. Got an alignment done last week. They couldn't get the camber or caster "within" spec. I have the torsion bars cranked up a bit much so that's probably a factor.
    Me thinks the transmission is half effed. The shatty shifts to 4th isn't getting any better. So I just drive around with the o/d off until on the highway then let off the throttle to let it shift. It's a semi-automatic.

I replaced the horns. It looks like it'll be the third or fourth set of horns this thing has had. There were 2 in what I think are the factory locations then another two rusted away with a spade to bullet jumper harness. I went with these cheapo WOLO horns(affiliate link cause I need beer money). They were under $20 when I ordered them but now they're $60... Like a normal import horn but 2-3 times louder.
    I also replaced the front speakers finally. Went the cheap route again...cheapo Pyle speakers. They are better than blown-up speakers so good enough for me.

Got into a disagreement with the wife the other night so figured what better time to test out sleeping in the van. Tossed in the queen-sized air mattress and all was good. Then woke up at 5am and the mattress was flat. Better to find out now than later. I realized that I couldn't live in a van down by the river. Or at least not yet...

I didn't use the diesel heater cause it was parked in the garage...I plumbed the heater and slapped a battery behind to front seat(temporary). Got it working. Decided to just slap a 5L tank on the inner step at the sliding door. It fits snugly there and I installed a quick-release fitting with a check valve in each end so I can remove the fuel tank when not camping easily enough. But when I went to remove it after a few days it blew the guts out of the one valve. The o-rings swelled up, I guess it's not made for diesel. Might have to go with a couple of ball valves. The reason for wanting a valve is that it can a pita to bleed the air out of the fuel lines after disconnecting them, and I don't want diesel leaking inside the van. Ideally, I'd have an external permanent tank mounted but I don't. Maybe even a boat fuel tank fitting may work?

I'll completely ignore the transmission problem and pretend it's fine.
    Next up, try to come up with a center console. Might make one from plywood, then make sure it's crooked and full of splinters. I'd also like a big ol solar panel on the roof but I'd tear it off pulling into my garage. So I think the next logical step is to move to a place that has a bigger garage and land to hoard(and hide) more poor purchases.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-30-2024),inuvik (01-29-2024),Wil B (01-31-2024)

Got the bill for the parts I got for Oil change(5L 5w30 syn blend, wix 51334), Air filter-Wix 46057, Pulley(tensioner pulley for alternator I think) Dayco 89538, Belt(inner?)-gates k050446,Thermostat 302-180, and some misc hose and clamps.
    Came to $170 for that^ stuff.
    I'll have to add everything up again one of these days.
    The horns and speakers were $50.
    Alignment $130.
    I'm gonna use the van to pick up a new-to-us dog tonight. It'll be a couple-hour round trip. I really should have replaced the obnoxiously droning exhaust by now. And I gotta see why the drivers door speaker that I just replaced quit working.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-31-2024)