Thread: 2017 Mirage P285a and P0746

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 Mirage P285a and P0746

Got a call yesterday about a Mirage that wouldn't move from a stop, they had someone push it and heard a bang then it started driving again. They got it back to their location and I went to pick it up this morning. Car drove fine down for the first 15-20 mins on the highway doing 70mph. Then I came to a stop light. When it turned green I hit the throttle and the car didn't respond. It felt like a dead pedal. I was about to get out and push it when it started to slowly move and get up to 30-40mph. I still had two more lights to drive through and a couple left turns to make....The shift indicator was flashing, it looked slow to me so I didn't think it was overheated.

I two-footed it the rest of the way, keeping the revs up while stopped at a light. Hoping the nanny system wouldn't kick in and kill power like it does when you drive two footed...I made it back the last 5 blocks. Tried to get a video of it acting up leaving a stop sign but of course it worked fine. It does seem low on power though with crappy throttle response, almost like it's starting out in high gear or the cat is plugged. When you floor it even in neutral it takes a second to respond and rev up.

This cvt is from a 2015(iirc) and has about 340k kms/211k miles. I replaced it last July.

Right now it's throwing P285A 2nd gear/interlock fail and P0746 Pressure control codes. I'll drop the pan and take a look. I don't know if I have any parts cvt's laying around that have a likely good valve body.

I have one good cvt on the floor that I was going to install in a car that has a cvt with a cracked case. I installed it years back and found it was cracked and leaking. Long story short, instead of spending a dollar and having the case repaired properly a penny was spent and I've had to remove it 3 times now and it still leaks. I'll pull the valve body from that car and toss it in this one and see what happens.

Edit: I had to pull this car off the hoist and when I put it in reverse it made all kinds of neat metallic bad bearing type noises. It also vibrated far more than usual. Just when you initally put it into reverse. I'm not sure if that's related or if maybe one of the engine mounts is taking a dump?
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-12-2024 at 07:25 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-16-2024),Top_Fuel (04-12-2024)