Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member Phil,

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New member Phil,

Good morning, all, new to site and would like to say I love Mirage great little car. Long story short I was driving 1150 miles a week and when I changed shifts that ended. I did end up with 360,000 miles on my car but its till run great. Best MPG 57.2. Got one dear as I live in Michigan, hit a ladder once in the road I know right?. Been through a bout 24 set of tires LOL but all good. I do have few issues going one but will address them in the correct tread, thanks again.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copper 2019 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-20-2024),foama (04-20-2024),Fummins (04-19-2024),Grumpy Bear (04-20-2024),Top_Fuel (04-19-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper 2019 View Post
    Good morning, all, new to site and would like to say I love Mirage great little car. Long story short I was driving 1150 miles a week and when I changed shifts that ended. I did end up with 360,000 miles on my car but its till run great. Best MPG 57.2. Got one dear as I live in Michigan, hit a ladder once in the road I know right?. Been through a bout 24 set of tires LOL but all good. I do have few issues going one but will address them in the correct tread, thanks again.
    Hello Phil Copper - The deer in Michigan are as big as a moose. The deer in TN / GA look like big German Shephards in comparison to Michigan deer. You must not have got all that deer or else your car would have gotten wadded up completely.

hit a ladder once in the road I know right?
    I don't know if you hit a ladder or not. And if you know, why are you asking us for confirmation?

Anywho - Welcome to the website. With the hard use, and deer destruction your car has overcome, your Mirage is likely BLUE.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Welcome to forum!

360,000 miles / 24 = 15,000 miles

Hopefully, your Mirage tires do better than that? Any particular tire you like or hate?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Dude, you spent roughly 20 hours/week behind the wheel AND you worked a regular 40 hr gig? To be fair tho' I spent 12-15 hrs/wk commuting into the city back in the day on top of my 40 so I guess it's not that unusual.

Welcome. This is really the only place to get the right answers about your Mirage. We had a guy, I forget his name who had his "cheap plastic" car and I think he got to 330,000 miles or so.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    360k? barely broken in!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    360k what year is it?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's probably too much to hope for but did you get that mileage on a CVT?

I normally drive a standard shift but circumstances dictated a change to automatic transmission, and they poop the bed frequently.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Didn't hit it straight on just ass end of the deer in the left head light but enough it lifted the hood all the way back to hinge. The insurance campy fixed it. You mentioned I was asking for confirmation not sure how that happened? was just mentioning it. The Forum is kind of difficult to maneuver but I'll figure it out. It does say I have 3 replies but can't seem to find them.?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks.