Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm Back! (P0421 CEL Code)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navysteveo87 View Post
    7miles. Can you send me the link to what O2 spacer your son bought? Thanks
    It sounds like you are chasing this problem around & around. Why not just replace your catalytic converter and be done with it? Or pay for a shop to properly diagnose the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navysteveo87 View Post
    7miles. Can you send me the link to what O2 spacer your son bought? Thanks
    For the life of me, I can't seem to find it again on the Walmart website. I can find it in my purchase history. The only thing I can think of is maybe they don't sell this exact one any longer.

This is the name of it, copy this and do a search for it in the walmart website. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Edfrwws Car CEL Fix O2 Sensor Check Engine Light Eliminator Adapter with Mini CAT.

If I remember right, this was $9.34. Which makes it worth chasing it a bit ... at least for a while.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It sounds like you are chasing this problem around & around. Why not just replace your catalytic converter and be done with it? Or pay for a shop to properly diagnose the problem.
    Nah. I will try $10 pseudo fixes before I drop $300-500. Also, I'm being forced to get a new car by the end of the year (wife doesn't want our newborn baby in the Mirage). I just want the CEL off before then
    Last edited by Navysteveo87; 04-19-2024 at 01:14 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    7miles, Thank you for the info but after doing some "homework" on the internet I'm wondering if I'm now running CEL code P013C. I haven't had the code rescanned yet (after I installed the spacer last week) but it's possible right? If so, I guess it's back to trial and error but like I mentioned above to Eggman, I don't want to purchase a new converter just to keep the car for 8 more months.

The spacer in the pic below is shorter than the one I currently have installed on my car atm.

Name:  IMG_0203.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  89.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My experience was not exactly the same. The first one I paid $50 for (seems like it was from some jokers called Big Daddies) was supposed to be a minicat too. It had a small hole, like the top one. It didn't work at all. The 2nd one I bought was a $9.34 from Walmart. Also supposed to be a minicat. It had a bigger hole with a grid, just like the one pictured at the bottom. It worked like a charm.

As for the P013C ... I ain't got the foggiest. You done gochew an OBD-II Bluetoof ELM 327 connector and phone app right? The connector is usually <$15 and phone apps that work with it are FREE. Ain't no reason in life not to have these. These work for my whole fleet of cars (well, not my 72 Plymouth Scamp), some more limited than others. But I can check and clear codes on all my vehicles with the connector and phone app. If you're not able to see your codes, I'd Amazon an ELM 327 today. Tellem Charlie sent ya!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok... I just got the car scanned at O'Reily's and now it's saying that the O2 sensor isn't reading properly (which makes sense with the spacer installed) Should I try the mini-cat O2 sensor spacer or would I run into the same exact issue?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oxygen-O2...ack/5539873963

Name:  IMG_0209.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  87.9 KB
    Last edited by Navysteveo87; 04-21-2024 at 09:58 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For $10, it's worth a try of the Walmart mini-cat.