Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Owner - First time driving automatic

Welcome! I don't like having blinding headlights either but it seems even oem led and/hid lights are obnoxiously bright. The worst has got to be cars with drive around with the auto-dim feature, (mainly Kia's) they wait til they're 10' away before diming.

If you can't beat em, join em. The headlights in my truck were terrible, I installed some Led headlight bulbs and they work great. I'm sure I'd be facing 10 years in jail in other countries though. The only problem is I think the wiring might be wrong or they're aimed way too high. High beams are useless and low beams work great. I should probably fix that.

I find pretty much any headlight behind me(in the Mirage) is annoying so I leave the rear view mirror in "night mode", again that'd probably be get me 20 years of jail time in Foama's country.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Welcome, Eric!

@inuvik: Mine is a 2014 with 55/60W H4 bulbs. With the stronger sort 80/100W H4 bulbs, that BTW are illegal here, would not the plastic parts of the headlight assy become heat-damaged in the long run?
    I was initially worried about that also but after almost daily usage after months of being installed no damage or issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Maybe your veloster engine identifies as a Mirage engine?
    Ds mode would, in the current state, put the veloster in a could of dust lol. Engine shaking so hard it's trying to mimic a 3 cylinder for sure :P