Thread: Light bar? (joke)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Light bar? (joke)

Hey all!

I'm having trouble seeing at night becuz it's so DARK!

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what mounting bracket I need for mounting this light kit to the bumper of my 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage?

Someone said it might need some minor modification or reinforcement, but I don't know. I think the plastic bumper should hold it fine, what do y'all think?

Also, somebody told me that I might need a better battery but I've seen LED lights powered by 9-volt batteries, so that can't be right?!

Name:  lightbar.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  80.4 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLandYacht For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-21-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 1,093 Posts
    We'll all need more lights. Climate change is making darkness darker.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-21-2024),TheLandYacht (05-21-2024)

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The lifted trucks are going to know whos boss

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicFoxes For This Useful Post:

TheLandYacht (05-21-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldn't mind having a light bar or similar on any / all my vehicles. But only if it is hidden. It goes unnoticed during the day but at night let it BLAZE. However, right now in my life, I barely have 2 extra nickels to rub together. Not because I'm poor. But mainly because of high bills and socking away a lot of money. The exhaust thing I'm doing is about all I can do at the moment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    But only if it is hidden. It goes unnoticed during the day but at night let it BLAZE. The exhaust thing I'm doing is about all I can do at the moment.
    Wait, are you saying this might be noticeable? I had no idea.

As to exhaust, I definitely want that! I want that black smoke like the cool guy in that big truck! How do I do that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TLY - I have a diesel truck. But I've never had the desire to roll coal. I guess I'm just too conservative for it. Not only does it make us diesel truck guys look bad, but it's not good for the turbo, and wastes fuel. I don't like wasting fuel. Well, let me rephrase that ... I don't like paying for fuel, so I waste as little as possible.

If I can achieve decent (audible) results with the exhaust mods, I might *consider to make it repeatable. But exhausts are ... difficult, all the way around. Hard to get right (audibly). Not cheap to produce, not cheap to ship, low volume. Etc.

TLY - I have a diesel truck. But I've never had the desire to roll coal. I guess I'm just too conservative for it.
    I outgrew doing that stuff but it has it's place. I did it to a photo radar van one time and an old guy pulled up laughing and gave me the thumbs up.

It's basically impossible to not do it when you're stuck behind spandex wearing cyclists riding side by side holding up traffic for an unnecessarily long time as well. But it seems like most folks just do it just to be aholes cause they are douche bags.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TLY If I can achieve decent (audible) results with the exhaust mods, I might *consider to make it repeatable.
    Wait wait wait! You can make your exhaust LOUDER too!?!?

<JUMPING UP & DOWN>

I really gotta do that!

What other cool but completely useless and silly things can I do that I really shouldn't?

...I really gotta know!!!

EDIT: If it's not obvious by now, my goal is to take this as far off the rails as humanly (and engineeringly) possible.