Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Imho I cant imagine the sedan being a big seller. Its kinda like the fiesta sedan. I don't see any of them on the streets. Everyone has the hatch. The hatch is just better by design more room, same pricing and it looks so much better. The sedan is hideous.

Plus americans want bigger sedans. Not smaller.

They need to get some partnership cars going. A re branded maximum or taking the old kizashi platform would of been great ideas that I hate how they fell threw.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Imho I cant imagine the sedan being a big seller. Its kinda like the fiesta sedan. I don't see any of them on the streets. Everyone has the hatch. The hatch is just better by design more room, same pricing and it looks so much better. The sedan is hideous.

They need to get some partnership cars going. A re branded maximum or taking the old kizashi platform would of been great ideas that I hate how they fell threw.
    There are tons of Versa sedans. But Nisan used to charge substantially less for them comparing to Note.

How much longer sedan is? the trunk on Scion iA is huge comparing to hatch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I think the same way as you, but all I read on this very forum all the time is pining for the sedan... I can't fathom it.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    There are tons of Versa sedans. But Nisan used to charge substantially less for them comparing to Note.

How much longer sedan is? the trunk on Scion iA is huge comparing to hatch.
    Just sold a 2014 versa sedan and even in its highest trim package the SL it wasn't very feature filled. I just cant see myself personally paying the 17k +++ for one new.

Also it looks about 8 billion times better than the mirage does in sedan form.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just sold a 2014 versa sedan and even in its highest trim package the SL it wasn't very feature filled. I just cant see myself personally paying the 17k +++ for one new.

I don't know new Versa looks o'k but previous generation was truly ugly, both sedan and hatchback

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Did someone really buy an optioned out Versa? I can't see a reason for that ...

The reason one buys a Versa is for the 5 speed manual, crank windows and manual locks. If you want to spend $17K on a car you can move up to a much nicer car that has a big-boy transmission.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Did someone really buy an optioned out Versa? I can't see a reason for that ...

The reason one buys a Versa is for the 5 speed manual, crank windows and manual locks. If you want to spend $17K on a car you can move up to a much nicer car that has a big-boy transmission.
    Agreed! And the reason one comes to their senses and buys a Mirage ES is for the 5MT, power windows, power locks, bluetooth, auto HVAC, one touch entry, keyless start, etc! LOL

I definitely looked at the Versa when I was buying, but the little Mirage blew the Versa out of the water on options.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I saw a Toyota Yaris sedan here in Canberra yesterday... Weird looking....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Agreed! And the reason one comes to their senses and buys a Mirage ES is for the 5MT, power windows, power locks, bluetooth, auto HVAC, one touch entry, keyless start, etc! LOL

I definitely looked at the Versa when I was buying, but the little Mirage blew the Versa out of the water on options.
    I tried to buy the base model Versa a few years back when I got the Focus. I was , literally, laughed out of two nissan dealerships. They won't entertain the idea of ordering one or trying to find one. I was cash in hand.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    I tried to buy the base model Versa a few years back when I got the Focus. I was , literally, laughed out of two nissan dealerships. They won't entertain the idea of ordering one or trying to find one. I was cash in hand.
    Autotrader dot com, call and confirm. Bring printout, and if car is not on the lot or they giving me hard time contact and report.

Being willing to travel within few hours is a plus too.