Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Antenna Question

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Things are clusterizing with the banking industry. There's more trouble brewing too as I understand. I too am in a bad spot. I believe it has to do with ... how to say this without blaming ... how the banking industry works with our trusty gobment. The big huge, too big to fail banks, are still getting access to Federal money. However, smaller more local banks and bank chains are not. Now, I'm not a banking industry expert. I'm sure there's way more to it than I understand. So my statement is just a summary. And because of this, smaller banks are tightening their belts, not extending themselves (not extending money to as many customers), and they are raising their interest rates.

It's all related to ... oh wait, no one wants to believe hard facts these days. So these banking issues must be due to climate change.

This hurts those with lower credit ratings. Who are those people generally? To be honest, my credit rating is not so good now. My problem stems from my willingness to tell a creditor to go F themselves. So, I bought a golf cart a few years back. Yamaha tells me it is 2 years interest free as long as I make the payments. I paid an amount down that should have made my payment exactly an increment of a hundred, a month. Why pay it off if it is interest free? However, when I got the finance papers back from Yamaha, they calculated my payments to be that same increment, plus $2, for the life of the loan. What? That's $2 times the number of payments. Is that a fee? Or is it interest? I tried to get an answer from Yamaha, but they wouldn't or couldn't answer it. So, I made 23 payments of their extra $2 payments. Then for the final 24th payment, I made a payment that paid of EXACTLY the amount I agreed to pay in the beginning. It paid my balance down to $0. But Yamaha kept calling me telling me I owed $48 more. I explained it to them at least twice. But the airheads on the phone cannot do math, so they just ignored me and demanded $48. I told them to go F themselves, they'll get their $48 when hell freezes over. So, after months, they dinged me. On my credit score/report. I've been fighting it, but they're winning. I mostly just don't give a rats behind. I'll live with a lower credit rating. But it is having an effect. I've told myself if it affects me, then whatever I'm trying to buy, I don't need, just forget about it. Oh well. Paying for college tuition now is a greater challenge.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-15-2023),inuvik (09-15-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Things are clusterizing with the banking industry. There's more trouble brewing too as I understand. I too am in a bad spot. I believe it has to do with ... how to say this without blaming ... how the banking industry works with our trusty gobment. The big huge, too big to fail banks, are still getting access to Federal money. However, smaller more local banks and bank chains are not. Now, I'm not a banking industry expert. I'm sure there's way more to it than I understand. So my statement is just a summary. And because of this, smaller banks are tightening their belts, not extending themselves (not extending money to as many customers), and they are raising their interest rates.

It's all related to ... oh wait, no one wants to believe hard facts these days. So these banking issues must be due to climate change.

This hurts those with lower credit ratings. Who are those people generally? To be honest, my credit rating is not so good now. My problem stems from my willingness to tell a creditor to go F themselves. So, I bought a golf cart a few years back. Yamaha tells me it is 2 years interest free as long as I make the payments. I paid an amount down that should have made my payment exactly an increment of a hundred, a month. Why pay it off if it is interest free? However, when I got the finance papers back from Yamaha, they calculated my payments to be that same increment, plus $2, for the life of the loan. What? That's $2 times the number of payments. Is that a fee? Or is it interest? I tried to get an answer from Yamaha, but they wouldn't or couldn't answer it. So, I made 23 payments of their extra $2 payments. Then for the final 24th payment, I made a payment that paid of EXACTLY the amount I agreed to pay in the beginning. It paid my balance down to $0. But Yamaha kept calling me telling me I owed $48 more. I explained it to them at least twice. But the airheads on the phone cannot do math, so they just ignored me and demanded $48. I told them to go F themselves, they'll get their $48 when hell freezes over. So, after months, they dinged me. On my credit score/report. I've been fighting it, but they're winning. I mostly just don't give a rats behind. I'll live with a lower credit rating. But it is having an effect. I've told myself if it affects me, then whatever I'm trying to buy, I don't need, just forget about it. Oh well. Paying for college tuition now is a greater challenge.
    Man when it rains it pours....then flood gates break and you sometimes just have to go with the flow. So we contacted B Of A Estates services and they found the mistake which was my mom was listed as dead. They reversed it and now a month later everything is back to normal.All they had to do was when she called so many times was have it looked into. When we went to the local branch the lady we saw the day before asked,'' Why are YOU back in our bank? My mom said I need to see a manager please.She asked for the manager and when he got near us the bank associate took him aside and I could here her whisper,''These are the low income idiots I was telling you about.''

The branch manager said he would fax the required papers to the estate branch and got up and acted like he did but we found out he never did with other steps he was supposed to do to resolve this. Man,I mean just wow you know. But we will leave on the first of October and start a new life a good 200 miles from here.Social security called us and also told us the bank hung up on them and would not cooperate with them even.

As far as the car goes I have 352 miles on it and love driving it more and more.Excellent gas mileage too. I need to get some windshield wiper fluid here as mine wasn't filled up no where near where it should have which is ok as I would like to get some winter blend for it as it will start getting cold here soon.Other than that everything else looks great and functions as should.
    "Remember to always keep One foot in the gutter, One fist in the gold"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dinton For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-24-2023)

Sounds like you should call Sal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Sounds like you should call Sal.
    Who (or what) is Sal?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Who (or what) is Sal?
    A spinoff of the drama Breaking Bad. I think it might be called "better call Saul" (he's an anglo guy larping as a Jew)
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinton View Post
    I need to get some windshield wiper fluid here as mine wasn't filled up no where near where it should have which is ok as I would like to get some winter blend for it as it will start getting cold here soon.Other than that everything else looks great and functions as should.
    This statement reminds me. I did the manual transmission oil change this weekend. The fill plug felt like it had been installed by King Kong. The drain plug felt like it had been installed by a super model (very little torque). But I never saw a drop (of anything) left by the car anywhere, so I don't think it was leaking.

However, when I pulled the fill plug, I thought I might get some leakage, but nothing. Which I think it mostly normal. However, when I pulled the drain plug, it did run out quickly, but I mean real quick. It was done draining in seconds. It made me wonder, was it a LOT lower than the fill plug area? Is it possible Mitsubishi might run that level lower to save $ on fluid? Meh ... maybe. But I don't think they'd fill it low enough to actually lead to problems.

Anywho - I think the spec is 1.7 quarts. I did the fill to 1.5 quarts and then start adding slowly, which is what I did. When I would pour some in the funnel, I would look down to look for bubbles coming up the tube. I figured if bubbles were coming up, fluid was going down. And I kept filling until the bubbles stopped.

When I pulled the fill hose out of the fill hole, yes, it was running back out of the fill hole. Not pouring out, but running out and down the side of the housing. Which I expected and had the fill plug ready. I got it back in fairly quickly, tightened it, then wiped up the mess. In the end, it felt like I put about 1.8, or 1.9 quarts in it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This statement reminds me. I did the manual transmission oil change this weekend. The fill plug felt like it had been installed by King Kong. The drain plug felt like it had been installed by a super model (very little torque). But I never saw a drop (of anything) left by the car anywhere, so I don't think it was leaking.

However, when I pulled the fill plug, I thought I might get some leakage, but nothing. Which I think it mostly normal. However, when I pulled the drain plug, it did run out quickly, but I mean real quick. It was done draining in seconds. It made me wonder, was it a LOT lower than the fill plug area? Is it possible Mitsubishi might run that level lower to save $ on fluid? Meh ... maybe. But I don't think they'd fill it low enough to actually lead to problems.

Anywho - I think the spec is 1.7 quarts. I did the fill to 1.5 quarts and then start adding slowly, which is what I did. When I would pour some in the funnel, I would look down to look for bubbles coming up the tube. I figured if bubbles were coming up, fluid was going down. And I kept filling until the bubbles stopped.

When I pulled the fill hose out of the fill hole, yes, it was running back out of the fill hole. Not pouring out, but running out and down the side of the housing. Which I expected and had the fill plug ready. I got it back in fairly quickly, tightened it, then wiped up the mess. In the end, it felt like I put about 1.8, or 1.9 quarts in it.
    Yeah when I first got my car home I checked all fluids and all are fine.Checking the oil while cold or hot it seems the level is too high.Same with the CVT but it runs fine so if it is overfilled hopefully just a tad.This is the longest it has sat too, five days now but my mom needs to go somewhere tomorrow so it'll get its legs stretched.She got all of that nonsense fixed with the bank and we are now just about ready to go here.
    "Remember to always keep One foot in the gutter, One fist in the gold"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dinton - If it were at all possible, I recommend to move to east TN. You will fall in love and never want to leave. Of course if you like the ruckus of big cities or big towns, it could be too rural for you. No state tax, beautiful country, very nice people, a little snow in the winter. But don't tell anyone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dinton - If it were at all possible, I recommend to move to east TN. You will fall in love and never want to leave. Of course if you like the ruckus of big cities or big towns, it could be too rural for you. No state tax, beautiful country, very nice people, a little snow in the winter. But don't tell anyone.
    Sounds good For now as long as my mom is alive Phoenix will have to do as her healthcare covers everything except about 17 bucks a month ..Man it has been one hell of a trip.We left Tucson and got here and I have a solid job now and the car has about 2400 miles on it now.Had the oil changed last week.Still runs solid.Love the heated seats too as it has been cold here in the morning.

Got my first very non noticeable scratch on one of my front wheels.Ugghh.....would take you awhile to see it but I know it's there which drives me nuts.I have made several 200 mile trips back and forth to Tucson before we settled down and on the highway it drove nice.Any opinions on an early drain and refill of the CVT as far as longevity goes? Or does it really matter?

Anyway,thought I'd post since its been a bit.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Do you think it makes a big difference with the antenna on or taken off for reception especially in the city?