Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skål from Norway.

Country
    Norway
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Skål from Norway.

Been lurking for about a year without posting. Bout time i suppose. Picked up a used 2013 full package spacestar as a simple run-around for the wife last year. Had 100100 km on the clock. Paid about 3200 usd. Did a full tune up, pluss fluids the following week. Replaced the intake manifold gaskets and pcv valve due to oil on the front of the engine. Added a oil catch can just because. Fills up fast in the winter. I absolutely fell in love with the simplicity of this machine. Sooo much so that ? Two months later one popped up in the local auto trader. 2013 base model. 35000 km. 40000 Nkr. Roughly 4000 usd. Just passed Eu inspection. Owned by an older gentleman who used it to run small errands, and was no longer eligible to drive. I jumped on it without hesitation. We live in a mountainous region far above the Arctic circle. Nokian studs in the winter. Summer rubber in the summer. Never had an issue in deep snow. 5 speed manual 1.2 engine on both helps a lot. Hers is a little clacky on uphill pulls. Can literally hear her clutch springs jiggling around when the pedal is depressed. I really enjoy that direct feedback. Anyway.... I'm thankful that this forum exists. Learned a helluvalot from it. Seems to be a cool gang of like minded people.

Last edited by Kruz; 05-11-2024 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Stupidity.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kruz For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-11-2024),Eggman (05-13-2024),foama (05-11-2024),Fummins (05-11-2024),Grumpy Bear (05-12-2024),inuvik (05-13-2024),Mark (05-11-2024),MetroMPG (05-14-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.3 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 2,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
    Been lurking for about a year without posting. Bout time i suppose.
    Hello Kruz and welcome to the forum.

Great first post.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Norway
    Thanks
    Thank you guys.. Appreciate it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Welcome Kruz. You sure have some good English skills. I would not have expected that.

I think my fasination with the Mirage is based on the same reasoning as yours. It's amazing that the car accomplishes its mission so easily, being as simple as it is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Welcome Kruz. You sure have some good English skills. I would not have expected that.

I think my fasination with the Mirage is based on the same reasoning as yours. It's amazing that the car accomplishes its mission so easily, being as simple as it is.
    Yep... Simplicity is key. Virtually a go-kart with the perfect amount of luxuries. English comes from six years in Chicago. Felt like " experiencing life" in my early 20s. Travelled around the entire country during that time. I really enjoyed Arizona and Wyoming. Best food I've had till this day was at a beer and grill party in Texas. Those people can grill meat like heaven.

Country
    Jamaica
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome. I just joined myself. I'm sitting in your neighbor country hehe (Sweden). Cheers!

Welcome Kruz!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
    Two months later one popped up in the local auto trader. 2013 base model. 35000 km. 40000 Nkr. Roughly 4000 usd. Just passed Eu inspection.
    Wow! Great deal! Is it as good a deal in Norway as it is in Canada/U.S.?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 2,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gew View Post
    Hi and welcome. I just joined myself. I'm sitting in your neighbor country hehe (Sweden). Cheers!
    Hello Gew and welcome to the forum. Please tell us more about yourself and your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome Kruz!

Wow! Great deal! Is it as good a deal in Norway as it is in Canada/U.S.?
    Yes. I got real lucky, and acted fast. Cheapest one I can find at the moment is a 2013 1.2 manual intense plus. 203767km. Asking roughly 3900 usd.